Wilkommen Im Hotel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wilkommen Im Hotel

Forum about the french novel l'Etage Interdit by Caroline SAUVAGEOT.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[India] School - Litt. Hist. Geo

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Carrie
Admin
Admin
Carrie

[India] School - Litt. Hist. Geo Empty
PostSubject: [India] School - Litt. Hist. Geo   [India] School - Litt. Hist. Geo Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 11:37 am

In this topic, I would like you to talk about the school in your country, in order that my characters sound real if I write some part at school or if I talk about homework. And that's interesting to know what we learn in other countries.

1. First, I would like to know in which grad we are at which age ? And how you call the schools ? because there is different organization in the different countries.

2. I would like to know what is your program at school for Hindi (if that's the good language that you speak) class or Litterature ? Maybe you can copy me the program of you Litterature book for me to see the autors that you study or the book that your teachers ask you to read. You can do that for your grad, and hopefully many fans will come from differents grads Very Happy

3. I would like to know the same for History.

4. I would like to know the same for Geography.

5. What are the languages that you can learn at school ?

Last edited by Carrie on Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sarah17
Having fun in the Tourbus
sarah17

PostSubject: Re: [India] School - Litt. Hist. Geo   [India] School - Litt. Hist. Geo Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 12:24 pm

well education system in india is quite different from other countries. recently the grading system had started, so its cool but till last year, students frm grade 8 to 12 wud get their results in terms of percentages. but now the percentage system is only for grade 11 n 12.

1. u generally do ur kindergarten by the age of 4 n 5. previously there were KG1 N KG2 but now theres only one year for KG. most of the kids are 6 during grade 1. n this continues.
call the schools? i am so so sorry i did not get that.

2.right from kg(or even nursery[before kg]) english is one language which is given importance. so in todays date, u find children as small as 3 or 4 speaking in english which is basic. for grade 1 english is very simple. consisting of rhymes and really easy stories.
as we go higher, degree of difficulty increases. then english grammar as well was literature takes turn by grade 6. there are longer stories or lessons, n grammar is little more vast. this happens till grade 10. and again the most difficult english u study in grade 11 and 12. u are given books by Shakespeare and other books like jane ayre, anne frank to read and are told to write reviews. but this is secondary. there is a main reader, which has poems n lessons with very high level english.
note: after grade 6, along with poems n lessons, PLAYS are also there in our books.

3.history is minimal till grade 5. equal to almost nothing. but soonafter grade 5 history is taught as a separate subject. from grade 6 to 8, we are basically taught indian history.
it is as follows:
grade 6: stone age-the early man, harappa civilization(indian), mauryan empire(king ashoka)
grade 7: all about religions coming up in india i.e hinduism, buddhism. mughal empire and birth of islam by Prophet Mohammad.
grade 8: colonization of india(rule by british from 1700's) and for next 200 yrs everything explained about their rule, policies, struggle for freedom and finally independence in 1947.

in grade 9 and 10 we are taught more about the world history. they as follows:
grade 9: french revolution, russian revolution, world war 1, its outcomes, german history(rise of hitler n nazi) and world war too. along with this 2 chapters on indian forest history and one chapter on CRICKET the sport.
grade 10: again one full chapter on independence of india(from 1916 to 1947) explaining the effect of MAHATMA GANDHI and other great leaders. then there are lessons on industrial revoltion all over the world, globalization, INDO-CHINA(vietnam) history n its independence, lessons on people's living n leisure and one lesson on PRINTING-origin, spreading and propagation.

after grade 10, students select their own subjects they may be:
physics, chemistry and biology or
Physics, chemistry and maths or
commerce or
arts(humanities or geography)

4.geography is highly varying from grade 6 to 10. again just like history it is taught as a subject frm grade 6. every single thing.

5. now in india there are different boards for education- all india and state wise n even international
state board schools may teach the particular states language along with english(english is compulsory everywhere) they can be punjabi, marathi, gujrati, telgu, tamil, etc.

from grade 6 another language is taught which is SANSKRIT. it is said to be the mother of almost all languages in the world. it is a very systematic language. sanskrit is compulsory from grade 6 to 8. for grade 9 and 10 a child can choose any one one language(again english is obviously there, so bsides english) to study. it can be HINDI, SANSKRIT, ANY OTHER INDIAN LANGUAGE OR GERMAN, FRENCH, SPANISH(any other foreign language)
-------x------x-----

phew. lol m done with wotever i could tell u about education in india.
hope u get a basic info on it. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/SarahMishra
Carrie
Admin
Admin
Carrie

PostSubject: Re: [India] School - Litt. Hist. Geo   [India] School - Litt. Hist. Geo Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 3:02 pm

Call the school >> I mean "kindergarden" or "high school" so I think you wrote all that... Now i'm up to the hospital, I printed the mail to read in the car and I'll tell you this evening if I have more questions Very Happy

Danke for these explanations Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Admin
Admin
Carrie

PostSubject: Re: [India] School - Litt. Hist. Geo   [India] School - Litt. Hist. Geo Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 2:53 pm

I just realize that there is an mistake in the messages :/ I didn't meant "nglish class" for all the countries, but "Hindy Class" or whatever language you speak in India, or "German class" for Germany ^^

I try to know what are the classical book or Indian Litterature Very Happy or what the teacher ask you to read ^^
Back to top Go down
sarah17
sarah17

PostSubject: Re: [India] School - Litt. Hist. Geo   [India] School - Litt. Hist. Geo Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 10:07 am

okay so hindi..it is DITTO like english Smile we have poems n lessons, and as we go ahead, the poems and stories become tough. there r plays also that we read. there is a supplementary reader after grade 5. okay btw we dun say GRADE that much...we basically say CLASS. 1st class ....12th clas...so on.
hindi is actually similar to english.i mean the teaching methods.
students r often asked to read the text aloud to the class. they cn be chosen randomely, or an other way or sumtimes the teacher herself reads...
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/SarahMishra
Carrie
Admin
Admin
Carrie

PostSubject: Re: [India] School - Litt. Hist. Geo   [India] School - Litt. Hist. Geo Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 2:08 pm

Ok, but what are the poems or books that you have to read Very Happy Can you give me some exemple ? ^^
Back to top Go down
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: [India] School - Litt. Hist. Geo   [India] School - Litt. Hist. Geo Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 8:45 pm

so what all sarah said ditto teachings all over India and possibly in some countries too.In our texts like english we have many authors and poets of Indian origin who have written classic books and small literatures in the native Indian language[not necessarily hindi becoz some have been translatd from other languages as in India we have over 180 different languages apart from hindi.like in germany they have german and spain they have spanish;in india its not the case..based on the state we live in or are from have different languages hence the diversity sen here.but hindi is the world recognise language and the national language of India..like i live in Bangalore..so it's the main city capital of the state Karnataka and people speak Kannada..but hindi is universall go to Mumbai and people speak Marathi not Kanada..each dialect is unique to the people of the state...but hindi is universal like english here in india.so the Indian authors or poets wud've written it in their own language and a suitable poem is selected and printed in translated version which is hindi in our hindi text books.so it's just a mish-mash of different literary associations our hindi text books just like our english text books...
ill give you an example in our english text books based on authors..our hindi text books are the same
1.rudyard kipling poem
2.shakessphere story like romeo and juilet excerpt or caesar act 1 to 6
3.roald dahl story
4.rutherford poem
like that we have a mixture of 6 poems and 6 chapters in our english and hindi texts.in hindi it will be printed in the dialect.
Where i live in my city we have another system of studies after 10th you can do high school as 11th and 12th or what we have is another system of liberty called PUC-Pre University College freedom in what way u may ask in terms of what we wear..in school we have uniforms different types of uniforms like the British system.If we choose to do oyr 11 and 12th in our school we do it in uniforms or we could do the same in PUC but wear whatever we want no restrictions here in Bangalore city.Im not sure about other cities in India..i just moved to India few years back.
It's the same thing 11th or 12th and PUC also called 10+1 or 10+2..equivalent to 11th or 12th.same same.
We cj\hoose our streams in the 11th grade
its as follows here
Science
Commerce
Arts
after we comlete we graduate with those parties,proms and etcerta we have freshers and sophomores in PUC its just 2 years hence called pre-unicersity
then comes the choice Bachelors which i juts finished as of last month and masters or th rpofessional courses from all walks of life be it enginering,medicine,Human resource ,finance,biotechnology,archiects,fashion design,photographer,web designer,,everything.depending on what you choose the years you take to study differs.
we have loads of extra curricu;ar activitoes in school like art PE,Computers and the regular stuff all kids around the world do at school..plays,programs,pta meetings.all sorts of stuff u did we did too...but our syste is more on the british side due to the influences but thats we will have to go intot he whole history lesson of india
in geography we study world and india geography,about the earth,things like volcanoes,earthquakes as we go higher class wise it changes...and becomes difficult.
history we learn all about world history in brief initially then by grade 8 we oo more deper into indian history and it is called indian history but this is more detailed.
Then we have english as the main mode of communication here in india..people mostly speakin english or their own regional dialect.mode of communication in all schools is english..hence its called the 1st language in schools and then 2nd language is Hindi as its the language of our country
then we have 3rd language which is a foreign or indian language here once again freedom to choose it can be sanskrit or kannada or whichever state ur from..or foreign languages here like french,german,japanese,spanish,portuguese,mandarin,arabic,italian, etc..all possible known languages you can take up..ill give you an example i took for my school level here
1st lang compulsory-english
2nd language compulsory-Hindi
3rd language optional-french
notice 3rd language is optional coz its your choice which language you take up depending on your love for the language.So in my class i had kannada,sanskrit,french,german and arabic as chosen languages favoured by my classmates.it differs from school to school states to state city to city all over in our country.
since i did my 11th and 12th as PUC prevsly mentioned..my second language becomes optional which is french or german.in our degree level we dont have languages anymore as compulsory courses but our professional courses and u can take up a language as ur co-curricular activity.
School is pretty much the same all over the world just that ours is so much like the british ways.our history lessons wud be almost the same coming to india-britain history where Gandhi comes into the picture.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [India] School - Litt. Hist. Geo   [India] School - Litt. Hist. Geo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[India] School - Litt. Hist. Geo
Page 1 of 1