Wilkommen Im Hotel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wilkommen Im Hotel

Forum about the french novel l'Etage Interdit by Caroline SAUVAGEOT.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[UK] School - Litt. Hist. Geo

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Carrie
Admin
Admin
Carrie

[UK] School - Litt. Hist. Geo Empty
PostSubject: [UK] School - Litt. Hist. Geo   [UK] School - Litt. Hist. Geo Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 11:27 am

In this topic, I would like you to talk about the school in your country, in order that my characters sound real if I write some part at school or if I talk about homework. And that's interesting to know what we learn in other countries.

1. First, I would like to know in which grad we are at which age ? And how you call the schools ? because there is different organization in the different countries.

2. I would like to know what is your program at school for English class or Litterature ? Maybe you can copy me the program of you Litterature book for me to see the autors that you study or the book that your teachers ask you to read. You can do that for your grad, and hopefully many fans will come from differents grads Very Happy

3. I would like to know the same for History.

4. I would like to know the same for Geography.

5. What are the languages that you can learn at school ?
Back to top Go down
ralucanicoletasava
Having fun in the Tourbus

PostSubject: Re: [UK] School - Litt. Hist. Geo   [UK] School - Litt. Hist. Geo Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 2:24 pm

1. Well, I am in year 10 at the moment (age 14) and our school's have names. I live in Wales, so automatically my school has Welsh at the beginning. (Ysgol Greenhill School)

2. Well, English is compulsory for GCSE's and we have only started on a new course so the plan has not yet been set. However, the plays have been set through this year and next (the main important ones) Romeo and Juliet, Blood Brothers and Of Mice And Men.

3. In Year 10 we learn: USA 1929 - 200 (The Race Issue & USA and Wider World)
Germany in Transition 1929 - 1947

In Year 11 we learn: Russia in Transition 1914 - 1924

4. We have to take Geography for GCSE and I have not taken it, so therefor I don't know the plan. I'm sorry.

5. In Wales, Welsh is compulsory and we have French that is an option to take. We did have German but it got taken off the option list.
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Admin
Admin
Carrie

PostSubject: Re: [UK] School - Litt. Hist. Geo   [UK] School - Litt. Hist. Geo Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 2:09 am

Ok so thanks for all the infos.

What is GCSE ?? XD
Back to top Go down
ShannenAshlea
ShannenAshlea

PostSubject: Re: [UK] School - Litt. Hist. Geo   [UK] School - Litt. Hist. Geo Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 10:43 pm

1) I should be in year 13 which is the 2nd year in college but I have quit.
2) In school with English you have to do it for GCSE and you do 2 exams. You do creative writing in one exam and in the other you do analyzation and poems from other cultures in the other exam. The book we used for the poems was called Anthology AQA 2008-2009.
3) We also had to learn how to analyze books and the one we had to do was Of Mice and Men and this was also for GCSE.
4) In college you do Key Skills which is a new programme and last year was the test year and I was in the test year. You do pretty much the same as GCSE but you do a test online to see which areas you need improving on. Then at the end of the year you come to an exam.
5) History you do in GCSE we used all sorts of text books and the only topics we learnt about was WW1 and WW2 and they both took up 2 years worth so they go into full depth.
6) I didn’t do Geography so I can’t help with that.
7) In school you learn French and German and in college you can do Spanish.
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Admin
Admin
Carrie

PostSubject: Re: [UK] School - Litt. Hist. Geo   [UK] School - Litt. Hist. Geo Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 11:04 pm

Thanks Very Happy

So I have to buy "Of Mice and Men" Very Happy

Don't you have other books that teacher ask you to read ?
And do you remember which poems it was ? or the author ? ^^

And what is this GCSE ? XD
It's the name of your exam ?
Back to top Go down
ShannenAshlea
ShannenAshlea

PostSubject: Re: [UK] School - Litt. Hist. Geo   [UK] School - Litt. Hist. Geo Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 11:09 pm

If you would like to. Of Mice and Men was just to teach us how to pick out bits of a story.
The poems book looks like this, Poem book I think you can buy this off ebay but it's expensive. I don't unfortunatly, we did all random ones and the book is full of different authours. Smile

GCSE is the the exams you take in your last 2 years of school to determain your grades to help you get into college and to get a job. Here your grades range from A*, A, B, C, D, E, F, N, U. A* being the highst, F being low, U = Ungradeable and N = Not shown up.
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Admin
Admin
Carrie

PostSubject: Re: [UK] School - Litt. Hist. Geo   [UK] School - Litt. Hist. Geo Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 11:26 pm

Ah ok ^^

So surely some fans will come here and they'll have some poêts to tell me ^^
School books are a bit expensives so maybe some fans will make some scans haha
Back to top Go down
ShannenAshlea
ShannenAshlea

PostSubject: Re: [UK] School - Litt. Hist. Geo   [UK] School - Litt. Hist. Geo Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 11:30 pm

If I can I'll find out where the book is or I'll ask my friend if I can borrow hers and scan or send it you Smile
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Admin
Admin
Carrie

PostSubject: Re: [UK] School - Litt. Hist. Geo   [UK] School - Litt. Hist. Geo Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 11:34 pm

Oh it would be cool ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [UK] School - Litt. Hist. Geo   [UK] School - Litt. Hist. Geo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[UK] School - Litt. Hist. Geo
Page 1 of 1